Monday, January 21, 2013

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Care Review



I love The Body Shop, I went in there a while ago looking for skincare products and the tea tree range stood out for me because they claim to give clearer looking skin. I got the skin clearing facial wash, blackhead exfoliating wash and skin clearing toner. There was a tea tree moisturiser which I didn't get (want to use up my current moisturiser first). 

These products all have a strong smell of tea tree. The exfoliator has large grains in it. I use it about twice a week, because I don't think it's gentle enough to use more often. The toner is a bit annoying, because a sediment settles in the bottom of the bottle, so you have to give it a good shake before using it. 

I've been using these products for a few weeks and I haven't noticed a reduction in the appearance of my spots. They're quite drying so I recommend moisturising after using these. I think they're wrong for my skin type (combination) and would be better suited for oily skin. They are good products and are great cleansers. My skin feels so clean and refreshed after using these. 

2 comments:

  1. I bet these products smell yummy but my skin is so dry in the winter, I don't think drying it out anymore would be wise! Perhaps I'll give onw a go in the summer.

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they do smell yummy. I agree, it's probably not best to use these products in winter. Thanks for commenting. x

      Delete